Moral Conduct Standards
All Homescholar Academy members age(s) eight and above must read (or be read to), understand, and agree to abide by these standards. After you have discussed these thoroughly as a family, you may enter digital signatures on the Membership Agreement form.
- Behavior: I agree to act as a gentleman or lady and treat others with respect, kindness, and encouragement in speech and action as I demonstrate integrity and Christian values. I will refrain from any expression, gossip or physical contact that may harm or make another feel uncomfortable. I will not bring anything to Homescholar Academy classes that is considered a weapon or could bring insult or injury to another member. In addition, pairing off with the opposite sex, hand holding, kissing, or other affectionate gestures that sometimes accompany those who “pair off” are not allowed in this setting.
- Dress and Appearance: Dress should be modest in appearance. Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be at least knee length. Clothing should not be tight, revealing, or low-cut in the front or back and it should cover the stomach and shoulders. All members should be neat and clean, and avoid being sloppy in dress, grooming, and manners.
- Language: Language used at Homescholars Academy should be clean and intelligent – that which uplifts, encourages, and compliments others. The names of God and Jesus Christ should be used only in reverence. Profane, vulgar, or crude language or gestures, as well as jokes about immoral actions are not allowed.
- Media: Offensive material such as movies, music, videos/DVDs, books, magazines, pictures, and other media are not allowed at Homescholars Academy. This includes anything vulgar, immoral, violent, or pornographic. Cell Phones will need to be left with an adult, as they are not allowed in class.
- Service to Our Organization: As members of Homescholars Academy, we commit to serve our organization by participating in cleaning of the building, keeping our environment clean and orderly, keeping track of our own possessions, and being attentive to our family’s needs.
Rules for Safety
We want all our Member Families at Homescholars Academy to be safe. Accordingly, we have certain rules that must be followed. When you sign the Membership Agreement Form, you agree to abide by these extremely important rules:
- A Parent or Guardian must be in attendance with the child at all times. Children are not to be left alone - this is not a drop-off kind of school. Parents are welcome to attend classes with their children, help the teachers, or to stay in the parent room provided. This is a room for all parents/guardians, as well as babies or children not attending classes.
- If not in a class, children must be either with their parent or in one of the designated study/game rooms.
- Hall Monitors patrol the halls each hour. Members take turns on Hall Monitor duty, an hour at a time. Hall Monitors make sure children are where they are supposed to be, and make sure the Building Use Policy is being followed.